It’s never too early to get thinking about next year’s big trip. But where should you go? Well, venerable mag National Geographic has revealed its ‘Best of the World’ list for 2023, offering a few pointers as to the travel experiences that should be on your radar over the next 12 months or so.
This year’s Nat Geo list is split into five categories, with each one containing 5 experiences. Here’s the lowdown.
- Take a women-led sustainable tour in the Dodecanese Islands in Greece .
- Spend a long weekend on the Great Lakes within Milwaukee , USA .
- Try out indigenous outfitters in Alberta , Canada .
- Go on a new high-speed train within Laos .
- Explore Black heritage in Ghana .
- Discover the particular biodiversity of Botswana .
- Witness rewilding within the Scottish Highlands .
- Carry on a foodie biking trip of Slovenia .
- Visit Big Bend Country wide Park within Texas , UNITED STATES.
- Take part in sustainability programs in the Azores .
- Head to Egypt to visit the new Grand Egyptian Museum inside Cairo.
- Watch films and down craft beers in Busan , South Korea .
- Have a pilgrimage to the Appian Way inside Italy .
- Visit the International African American Art gallery in Charleston , USA.
- See the Longmen Grottoes’ stone statues within Hunan , China .
- Continue an Alpine rail journey in Switzerland .
- Help conserve turtle populations inside Trinidad plus Tobago .
- Visit San Francisco , UNITED STATES, with regard to city-view campfires and urban hiking trails.
- Bird-watch in Colombia .
- Check out football stadiums inside Manchester , UK.
- Trek to isolated Peruvian Inca site Choquequirao .
- Finally return to the outdoorsy paradise that is New Zealand .
- Venture into the lesser-visited bits of Utah , USA.
- Hike Austria ’s cross-country Bergsteigerdörfer network associated with mountaineering villages.
- Swim amongst sharks plus manta rays at Revillagigedo State Park in Mexico .
Okay, so it might not all be up your street – but it’s undeniably a spectacular range of stuff. You can read more on National Geographic’s official page here – and get pumped for a year of life-changing journey encounters.
Looking for new year travels? These are the best places to go to inside January 2023 .
Stay in the particular loop: sign up to our free Time Out Journey newsletter for the latest traveling news and the best things happening across the world.